Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sleep

Look at me three for three on posting!! LOL! It is naptime and is blissfully quiet around here. Carson & Kailyn started sleeping through the night by six weeks and Ethan shortly after that. Now, at 3 & 4 years old, Carson & Ethan are up ALL night long!! It's crazzzzzzzyyy!!! Carson might go a couple of nights in between waking up and once we settle him down or let him sleep on our floor, he's good for the rest of the night. Ethan, however, wakes up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! And I just don't know why!! Last night was heavenly b/c he only woke up once around midnight and Ben put him back to sleep! I'm having enough trouble trying to sleep after surgery but throw him in the loop and I was getting soooo exhausted!! Does anyone else deal with this?? I try putting him back in his bed and then he just keeps waking up so usually by the third time, I just let him sleep on my floor. But recently he has been even waking up from there and wanting to get in our bed---and we have a queen, so NO DEAL!!! Suggestions welcome!!
We are very strict about obedience (you obey immediately without complaint), but since he's half asleep I've never considered it an obedience isssue. Don't know if telling him before bed not to get out of bed if he wakes up would help?? Kailyn starts gymnastics tonight, so I'll try to snap some pics, but for now off to the showers I go!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a blog! I do too! Although I don't tell that to a lot of people. Yay for having one for someone I actually know! Looking forward to reading about your adorable kiddos some more :)

    ReplyDelete